Saturday 28 November 2020

Vera Lane Studio - Parrot Love

Today I'm sharing my Vera Lane Studio DT project featuring Parrot Love which is available in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop.

I used my Gelli plate to make my background. It was inspired by a Tracy Evans Facebook Live I watched to create the 4 quarters.

I added red acrylic paint to one quarter of the gelli plate and brayered it. I then put the stencil on top and patted down with scrap paper to remove excess paint. I did the same with each quarter alternating between the red and the Paperartsy Fresco Double Denim blue paint. I then lifted the print using Paperartsy Fresco Honeydew.

I random stamped the AALL and Create #262 Mesh stamp using Candied Apple Distress Oxide, and then #304 Heartfelt using Versafine Clair Paradise. I then splattered some Molotow white acrylic paint over it all and finished off by dabbing some Paperartsy Fresco Snowflake white paint around the edges.

Next I coloured my images with my copic markers adding some white highlights with my gel pen. I added some AALL and Create plain washi tape under where I wanted the branches to go and stamped with the #304 heartfelt stamp again. I adhered the branches and drew a line between them for one of the parrots to perch on. I then added the other parrots. I used another piece of plain washi tape I'd stamped on and added the girl and her parrot to this.


I finished off by adding the sentiment from the stamp set.

 
Images - Vera Lane Studio (Parrot Love)
Colouring Medium - Copic Markers
(E13,11,21,00,R24,27,46,89,B93,95,97,26,C1,3,E42,43,44,E23,25,29,0)
Stamps - AALL And Create #262 Mesh,#304 Heartfelt
Stencil - AALL And Create #96 Dandelion Field
Gelli Plate
Paints - Paperartsy Fresco (Double Denim,Honeydew,Snowflake)
Red Acrylic
Inks - Distress Oxide Candied Apple, Versafine Clair Paradise
AALL And Create - Plain Washi Tape
White Gel Pen
Molotow White Acrylic Paint Pen 

We would love to see your makes over on the Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram using #veralanestudio

Cass xx

No comments:

Post a Comment