Saturday 23 January 2021

Vera Lane Studio - New Dress (Boutique)

 Today I'm sharing my Vera Lane Studio DT project featuring New Dress which is available in the Etsy shop.

 I decided to make one of Janet's little rooms that she showed on a Facebook live last Sunday. It's pinned in the announcements in the group if you missed it.

I started with the floor and added a very light layer of Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide with my blending brush. Next I took the Lushly Leafy stencil and blended some more Hickory Smoke. This time I made it a bit darker and tried to keep it centred in the middle of the floor. I then doodled around it with my black fineliner so it looked like a rug.

 

I coloured my image with copic markers and cut her out and placed her to one side
 I printed out some of the precoloured dresses and glued them to the floor adding coat hangers. She obviously didn't like those dresses as she's chucked them on the rug!



I did the walls next. I added some Wilted Violet,Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry DO's to my glass mat and spritzed with water. I then smooshed my walls in it to give a mottled look. I then took the Ring The Changes stencil and blended some Picked Raspberry through it. To finish the walls, I stamped #304 Heartfelt with Versafine Clair Purple Delight randomly in places.

I used the Windows set and printed out the door with the word Boutique added. I also stretched one of the windows to make it longer. I coloured them all grey and added silver mirror card behind the mirror. I adhered them to my room.

Next I used the Mid Century Modern set and printed out the chair and table. I stencilled the chair with Hickory Smoke to match the rug. I also printed out two of the plants from the Succulents set and a coffee mug and vase of flowers from the Coffee Love set.

To finish it off I doodled my own frame round the sentiment from the New Dress set and hung it on the wall like a picture.

These little rooms are so much fun and the possibilities are endless.


Images - Vera Lane Studio (New Dress,Windows, Mid Century Modern, Succulents, Coffee Love)

Colouring Medium - Copic Markers

(Skin E13,11,21,00, R21,Dress and Plant Pot V12,15,17, Hair E31,25,27, Plant Pot RV14,17,19,Plants G24,17,29 and G40,43,46, Door,Window,Mirror C1,3,5, Glass B0000,000,00, Shadow E70, 0)

Stencil - AALL And Create #80 Lushly Leafy, #88 Ring The Changes

Stamps - AALL And Create #304 Heartfelt

Distress Oxides - Hickory Smoke, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar

Versafine Clair - Purple Delight

Silver Mirror Card

White Gel Pen

Black Fineliner

We would love to see your makes over on the Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram using #veralanestudio

Cass xx

 


No comments:

Post a Comment