Saturday 4 September 2021

Vera Lane Studio - Useful Quotes

Happy Saturday!

Today I'm sharing my Vera Lane Studio DT project featuring this week's soft release called Useful Quotes which is available from the Etsy shop. I've paired it with an older set called Pleiades.

I've made a slimline card this week. I blended distress oxides in Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot in order starting from the centre and working outwards. I then stamped the #468 Scripted Stars in Chipped Sapphire and then when it was dry I overstamped it with my Versamark ink pad and clear embossed it with WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder. I used my Tim Holtz stamping platforn to get it perfectly lined up. I spritzed some water over the background and dried it off. Then I flicked some watered down Paperartsy Snowflake white paint over the background with my fan paint brush. Using my white gel pen I added some white sparkles.

 

Once the background was finished I printed out the sentiment quote and image and coloured her with my Copic markers, adding some white dots to her dress. I then fussy cut her out along with the stars. To finish off I added a piece of washi tape and adhered her to the background along with the quote.
 

Images - Vera Lane Studio (Useful Quotes, Pleiades)

Colouring Medium - Copic Markers

Stamps - AALL & Create #468 Scripted Stars

Distress Oxides - Salty Ocean,Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot

Versamark Ink Pad

WOW Embossing Powder - Clear Gloss

Paint - Paperartsy Fresco Acrylic Paint (Snowflake)

Fan Paint Brush

Washi Tape

White Gel Pen


We would love to see your makes over on the Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram using #veralanestudio

Cass xx

No comments:

Post a Comment