Friday 11 April 2008

My First 8x8 Card


I thought I'd have a go at making an 8x8 card.I saw the instructions on someone's blog but can't remember where now.If anyone knows please let me know and I'll link to it.
I used pink cardstock to make the basic card.The PP is Papermania double sided card. the butterfly image is a Penny Black one which I mounted onto pink card and scalloped plum coloured Bazzill.The pink and plum border I got bought in Hobbycraft. Flower is a Flora Doodle from Joanna Sheen, with a Papermania pearl brad in the middle and some white pearls behind it. The sentiment was written on my Robo and mounted onto pink card and plum Bazzil. I just need to add some glittery bits and it'll be finished. It's for my MIL's birthday. I just have the small problem of not having an envelope big enough for it! I've bought some A3 paper so will have a go at making one.

16 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is gorgeous Cass. The colours are lovely, with the plum really standing out. I'm sure it will be loved!!
    Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty. i really need some of those Doodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a whopper of a card 8x8" !!!! Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this card hun, yummy! I have never tried and 8 x8 card I must have a try. Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty.Must try making some bigger cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Cass, I love the colours to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh thats really really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - I love the butterfly! I might have a go at this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card chick well done i really like the colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card. I think I will have to have a go at one of these 8" by 8" cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cass, if you get chance pop over to my blog, I have an award for you!
    Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fabulous card...great colours and so pretty - ChrissyX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello again!

    Just popped in to tell you you've been tagged - look at my blog for info xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card - lovely colours

    ReplyDelete