Monday 6 January 2020

Pour Some Sugar On Me....

I managed to find some time to play with my stamps between Christmas and New Year when I had a break from making commission cards and DT work.

I absolutely love Vera Lane Studio images and had an idea for this Tea Time image for a while but hadn't had time to make it.

As a rockchick I absolutely love Def Leppard and my blog title is in reference to one of their songs.
One of the lines from the song is...."do you take sugar? .....one lump or two?"
 
Perfect for my idea with the image.
I inked my card with Distress Oxides and sponged through a doily with white gesso. I adhered a paper doily offset on the left and trimmed it down.
I coloured the image with my copic markers to kind of look like me, ( I have purple hair, blue eyes, and wear a lot of black) and decoupaged her teacup to add some dimension, and layered her on top of the doily.

I stamped the Drink Tea sentiments a few times over the card base and doodled around the edge with a black fineliner.


I coloured the teapot from the Wonderland Accessory bundle and mounted it with 3D foam. I printed out the words from the song in Word and added a curve. 
I used 3D foam pads to stick it to the card and make it look like it was pouring from the teapot.

I think it will be getting framed and hung in the Crafty Cabin. Something to keep for myself for a change!



Images - Vera Lane Studio "Tea Time" "Wonderland Accessory Bundle"
Colouring Medium - Copic Markers
Distress Oxide Inks
White Gesso
White Doily
Black Fineliner
White Gel Pen
3D Foam Pads



Cass xx

No comments:

Post a Comment